Through the years, even before technology has brought us advanced perks of marketing our businesses, the very traditional way of bringing forth our products and services to the market is by simply sending information to people. Marketing experts create printed materials – flyers, brochures, etc. to let the people know what they could do for them. Advertisements are also made through traditional media, together with sending direct mail to a possible group of clientele. The Internet also paved the way for electronic marketing, such as Social Media advertisement, email marketing, and online lead generation by directing people to business websites. Having said and done all of these, the marketer simply has started the conversation with their target audience and potential leads.
On the Internet, what marketing experts intend to do is to pull them to the business for the targets to find out what it is all about. This is when the “visitor” initiates the “marketing conversation” – given that they have expressed enough interest in what they see and read. What marketing experts need to accomplish at this point is to satisfy their targets’ need for information before you can even start selling.
These are just 10 of the best things you need to remember as you are beginning to build your online marketing content:
1. Marketers traditionally think that they need to attract an audience and bring them closer. In Online Marketing, what you need to do is to keep them in and not let them go away. A strong online marketing content should maintain its ability to make the audience stay and read through until they find what they are looking for.
2. It is an unspoken rule that 10 seconds is what you’ve got to convince your online visitors to stay and have a closer look. Microsoft Research recently determined that the first 10 seconds upon visiting a website is very important to the user’s decision to stay there.
3. What people do when they go to a website is read. However, a lot of them make an effort to read not as much as we expect.
4. People visit websites to satisfy their needs. Either they are looking to satisfy their own objectives, work on a task, or to find answers to their questions. Compare this to your own browsing habits and you’ll find out that you are also looking for something very specific.
5. Follow your content marketing lead and provide easy and quick facts to your audience. Do not attempt to make your information go round in circles. Remember that your visitors have a specific goal and they do not want any distraction brought by irrelevant details.
6. An excellent online content is like a great chat. Think ahead and find out what your readers will most likely ask and answer them through your content. Keep it short and simple while making it sound like you’re casually talking to them. Readers don’t want to feel they are looking at canned information.
7. On the Internet, you can sound very friendly, casual, and professional at the same time. Writing your content in a very casual way does not mean you are stooping below your or someone else’s intelligence. You simply just want to be understood by everyone.
8. When building your online content, whether they are blog articles or core website text, use simple words, active verbs, and useful modifiers.
9. When you use simple words, your content becomes friendly to everyone – the busy people, impatient ones, senior citizens, those who use English as second language, and even those who have not had very high formal education. The Internet has never had any complaint about websites being too simple.
10. If you don’t have the information they need, they will look for something else.
So, remember these ten best tips and practices if you’re thinking of building excellent web content or blog articles to attract people.